Neonatal Loving Kare specializes in developmental care products for NICU departments. The Nurture Rest neonatal positioning device was designed by a neonatal nurse, to be used by neonatal nurses and the preemies that they care for daily. Nurture Rest recreates a more in-utero feel for preemies, providing “kangaroo care” in the incubator while keeping the infant’s head, neck, and spine aligned. This device gives nurses a vital tool in their daily role of repositioning and caring for these special preemies. The product benefits the neonatal nurse in several ways:
- Offers several choices/options in positioning the preemie
- The inclusive pillow aides in repositioning without using make-shift devices such as wash clothes or blankets
- Decreases alarms and repositioning time since there is in an increase in the infant’s comfort
- Keeps the preemie well saturated due to better positioning
- Provides peace of mind for the nurse, knowing that the infant is properly positioned and calm
We invite you to use the Nurture Rest positioning device as well as our other developmental care products for NICU. As NICU nurses, you will see how your preemies respond to this product. Feedback from neonatal nurses, as well as the manner in which preemies respond, offer comforting validation as to the benefits of this product.
"I designed Nurture Rest for Neonatal Nurses and the preemies they care for daily. This aide recreates a more in-utero feel for preemies and also provides 'kangaroo care' in the incubator while keeping the head, neck, and spine aligned."- Nicole Sawyers, BSN, RN